Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We honor all that fought and died for this great country and the freedoms we have.  I have family members who have fought in wars and have served our nation, but I am not sure if I have any that have died while in service.  My Grandpa Gilmore fought in WWI, my Uncle Larry and Uncle Jim in WWII, my Dad served in the Coast Guard, although he was lucky enough not to have fought in a war, but was protecting the homeland during the Korean and Vietnam Wars.  Page's Dad fought in WWII also, while in the Navy.  Lucky for us, they all came back.  So many don't.  Today we have some of our finest men and women fighting for our freedoms and protecting us from terrorism.  To them, I say THANK YOU, and may you come home safe to your families.

No comments: