Tuesday, March 06, 2007

THE FIVES

Jamie challenged readers of her blog to complete this list... it's been awhile since I have posted, so let's give it a shot.

What I was doing 10 years ago:
In 1997 I was living in California working for HealthCare Partners, managing their clinic in Glendale. I was getting tired of all the freeway traffic and itching to move out of the big city. We had just moved into a house across the street from my Mom and Brother. That made life more interesting.....

5 years ago:
2002 found us in Louisiana. I was Bishop in the Shreveport Stake which kept me very busy. The healthcare job was challenging dealing with some corruption- at two different hospitals. The people in Lousiana were great. I loved the southern culture and Louisiana lifestyle. We were living in the first and only house we ever bought, which we loved.

1 year ago:
We were living in Lufkin, TX. Didn't have the charm of Shreveport and I was working for the biggest tyrant I had ever meet. It was a miserable time in my life. We started looking for ways to move back to Montana (we lived in Montana from 2003-2005).

Yesterday:
Living as a bachelor in Wyoming this week. Page and Sean are living in Montana until Sean graduates from school in June. Lacey is on spring break and decided to stay with Page and Sean. I worked all day and had an Executive Committee meeting last night until 7:30 p.m. Then just went home and watched Fox News before bed.

5 snacks I enjoy:
chocolate
ice cream
donuts
celery stuffed with peanut butter
wheat thins

5 songs I know all the words to:
Copa Cabana (I remember being so proud that I learned all the words to that song when I was a kid).
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (One of my first)
I Thank Thee O God For a Prophet (plus many other hymns)
100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall (although rarely do I finish the song)
My Heart is Offered Still to You (S.L.S. forever!)

5 things I would do with $100 million:
Buy a house for Page
Buy all of us new cars that can drive in the snow
Take Page to Spain
Buy USC football season tickets on the 50 yard line
Invest for family's future

5 locations I would like to run away to:
Spain
Mexico
Colorado River
Machu Pichu
Montana

5 bad habits I have:
eat too much
couch potato
eat garlic and then try to kiss Page
jump into bed without saying my prayers
drive over the speed limit

5 things I like to do:
eat
sing
hang out with family
spend money
road trips

5 things I would never wear:
speedo
leather pants
gold chains
a parachute ( would not skydive for $100 million!)
Notre Dame or UCLA clothing

5 TV shows I like:
Hannity & Colmes
Paula's Home Cooking
Miss Lucy's Cajun Cooking
Family Guy
Futurama

5 biggest joys at the moment:
My family
My job
USC football (I'm enduring the off-season)
warmer weather
Lord's blessings

OK- I'm supposed to challenge 5 people to answer these same questions, but I don't think I have 5 people with blogs that read this blog. So if you randomly find this- feel free to participate.

1 comment:

Lacking Productivity said...

My post won't be as exciting as your (moving all around) but I put in on my next post!