Sunday, April 02, 2006

General Conference

This was conference weekend.  As always it was wonderful to hear from the general authorities of the Church and hear from our beloved Prophet. 
Image hosting by Photobucket
the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang one of my favorite songs at the Saturday morning session "Consider the Lillies".  It was wonderful and gave me goosebumps.  My lifelong dream is to sing in that choir.... maybe someday.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Our Elder's Quorum barbequed hamburgers before the Priesthood Session and we had a good meal. The Priesthood session was my favorite.  President Hinckley's son gave his Dad and Mom and nice tribute.  The Prophet said there is too much hate in the world and admonished the members not to use racial slurs and to love all of Heavenly Father's children. 



A big theme of the entire weekend was to repent and get back on the right path.  We all can improve our lives and I am thankful for a living Prophet to lead and guide us.  My testimony has been strengthened this weekend. 

No comments: