Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sean made it to BYU

Here is the "Y" up on the mountain. Sean climbed up to this yesterday with his friends. When we were in Utah last week, it was so hot. They were having a heat wave, but we had a great time at new student orientation and getting Sean settled into his dorm, buying his books, etc. I also went to the BYU/Arizona football game on Saturday with Karl. We had a great time and BYU won 20-7. Sean went with Brett and Kyle since they purchased student sport passes. Earlier Saturday, I was able to help with Karl's ordination to High Priest. He was called as their stake's young men's president. Page and I also went out to dinner with Karie and Karl on Friday night. We really enjoy spending time with them. We wished we lived closer so we could see them more. We also got to visit with Hope and Samantha on Saturday night. Page also got to see Becoming Jane in American Fork. I think I was only 1 of three males in the theater. We had a great week in Utah. I think Sean is going to be just fine.

Saying good-bye to Sean before heading back to WY

Sean is unpacked and settled into his dorm room

Here is Sean's home for the next 9 months


2 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Awe cute! All grown up and away at college...I remember him when he was just knee high to a grasshopper...crazy!

Unknown said...

Becoming Jane . . . what a brave man you are. My husband refused to go so I went with some friends of mine instead. I remember leaning over halfway through to Julie Wright and saying "If this ends badly . . ." She turned to me and replied with wide eyes, "Don't you know what happened to Jane?"

Okay, I'm a writer. I love Pride and Prejuice. I think Jane Austen is a great writer but for some reason I never knew what happened to her. At least they ended when they did . . .

Okay, back to BYU. Can't wait for Saturday and the game against UCLA.

And your son looked pretty settled in, oh those dorm rooms. Wow that brings back memories.