Saturday, June 03, 2006

Let's Go to the Hop

Tonight the Young Women in our Ward held a fundraiser to earn money for camp. They put on a 50's diner. Unfortunately, not a lot of members showed up and after all was said and done they made a profit of about $5 but hey, they had a good time, right?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lacey was my waitress when I finally showed up. I went up at the beginning of the event with 5 drinks that the young women leaders asked me to pick up at McDonalds. When I was at McDonalds and they were handing me the large drinks on those flimsy holders, they all fell! The lids worked pretty good, but a couple of them spilled all over me and my car seat. I was a little irratated to say the least, so I dropped off the drinks and went back home. Lacey called me to come back and dance. I said "NO" , then Page called "NO" . About 7:15 I decided to go up and eat and help clean up (after I dried up and calmed down). So Lacey served me a couple hot dogs, rootbeer float and banana split. Yeah that made me feel a lot better! It cost me only $5. (Hey if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't have made a profit!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lacey tried to get me to buy some popcorn, but I was stuffed.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They had the hall decorated with balloons and the girls dressed up in 50's clothes. They had 50's music playing. It turned out really nice. Too bad more people didn't show up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hi guys....Well I did in fact see Sean today...at graduation. He was way on the other side of the gym. He looks to be having a good time!
How long is in town for?