Monday, December 12, 2005

My sister, Connie

I've been thinking about my sister, Connie today. It was 21 years ago today that she died in a car accident when the car she was in lost control and ran off the road on the California/Nevada border. She and her friend were heading to southern Utah to go see a boy. Dang, I really miss her sometimes. She was only 21, that is just way too young- so now she has been gone for the same amount of time she was here. She was the greatest sister, so much fun.

One of the funniest moments I remember when we were little kids happened when we lived in Duluth, MN. We were in a big field behind our house and Connie saw this big mound of dirt. She pretended she was a princess and sat down on her throne. A few minutes later, she is screaming. I run to her and see that there are hundreds of ants all over her. She sat on an ant hill! It must have been an odd site watching a 5 year old boy hitting his 4 year old sister, trying to smash all the ants. We finally got them all, and we learned a valuable lesson.... never sit on a pile of dirt! Hey sis!, ya know I would have done anything for ya, even smash ants. Love ya, Connie Jean!

No comments: