Monday, December 05, 2005

The First Noel

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional was on last night. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang "The First Noel". I have never heard it sung more beautifully than the arrangement they sang last night. The First Noel is my most favorite Christmas Carol of all time. I was glad to hear it this year. We are not going to be singing it during the entire month at Sacrament meeting (I got a list of hymns for the entire month to put in the program... I print out the program for Church). So I was a little bummed, but then the MTC sang it last night, and it put me in the Christmas spirit.

Samantha and Shawn brought Lacey back home from Louisiana last night too. Page made taco soup and tacos for dinner because Sam and Lacey were craving them all week. So we all benefited. They were delicious.

I finally got some of the Christmas decorations up this weekend, and the tree is only half done. I need some help family! I still have no lights up on the house yet either. But then again its been in the 70s and 80s in Texas and maybe everyone still think it's summer. I printed out our Christmas poem today so that is done. I have been making up a Christmas Poem since we were first married. We really haven't saved any of them over the years, which is really dumb. I sure wish I would have done that to have a record of them and the highlights of our lives over the years. Every year I think, "I'm not going to make up a poem this year, it's too much work" but then my Mom always acts like it would be aweful if I didn't do one, so I keep going.

No comments: