Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving in Louisiana

Well, driving into Shreveport yesterday caused a wave of homesickness to race through the car. It sure feels like home in a lot of ways. We would love to be back in Louisiana if we could. Everything is so familiar. We dropped Lacey off at the Waffle House where Samantha and Shawn picked her up. We all gave Sam a hug. We haven't seen her in so long. So once we got Lacey off and running with her friends for the day, the rest of us went over to JoAnne Rougeau's house. Thanksgiving was different not being in our home, but the food was very good. The turkey was just turkey loafs, but they were tasty, and we had ham, casserols, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and my favorite of the meal, green bean casserole.

The night before I made a pecan and cream cheese pie, an apple pie and pumpkin gooey bars. Page made a pumpkin pie, Lynn brought banana pudding. Think we had enough desserts? I managed to have a gooey bar, pudding, pecan pie and apple pie. There goes my diet! Zach was fighting with his Dad, so didn't come to dinner. So Sean was the only kid there. But we went back to Frank and Lynn's house and Zach was there and he and his Dad made up, so Sean and Zach played Play Station 2. We ribbed each other about USC and LSU football, and talked about our kids a lot. It was a lot of fun just to hang with the Rougeaus.

We were going to leave at 8 pm since it was a 2 hour drive home, but stopped by the Merrills for a second....... an hour and a half later we give them all hugs goodbye and run down to the Martins.... an hour later, we give them hugs and head home at 10:30. Well, by the time we stop to get some munchies for the ride home, since we didnt get enough to eat during the day, we didnt get out of town until 11:30. All the fast food places were closed ... imagine that.... so we bought chips, dips, candy, peanuts, crackers, and drinks at a gas station. Like I said, we didnt get enough to eat earlier.

We roll into the driveway at 1:30 am Friday morning. I was tired and went to bed. I woke up at 6 am this morning and Page was already out of the house for some Christmas sales. I cant beleive people get up that early to shop. Now the Christmas season begins!!!!

I think we are going to try and decorate the house for Christmas this weekend.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like the end of your TG was a lot like ours...we were starving by 7pm when we left Pocatello, so we loaded up at the gas station--jerky, chex mix, mnm's and drinks. I wish I had asked my stepmom to pack us up some turkey--they had a whole roasted one left over because we all devoured the friedn one. Shucks. I think I will cook one myself pretty soon. Anyway, sounds like fun. How nice to hear Lacey sing...I'm glad she's home for a while.