Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Elders come for dinner

Elders Chappell and Edwards came for dinner tonight. Page made crockpot chicken and I tried out a new Paula Deen recipe- crumble top apple pie. It turned out good. The secret ingredient is apple sauce. I also made a lattice crust top, very fancy. As you can see my diet is going well.... ha ha. Actually I'm sticking with it pretty good, but it's only been a couple days, still not grumpy yet.

I went on splits with the elders after dinner. We taught a guy named Devilin. I thought it was funny that "Devil" is in his name. We talked about prayer a lot and keeping the commandments. It actually was an enjoyable experience for me and I could feel the spirit. Made me glad that I have the gosple in my life.

Sean asked us today if we could have a foreign exchange student come live with us. Seems like his good friend, Diego, from Ecuador, is losing his placement becuase the host family's mom lost her job. We are ok with it, but Lacey is coming home in 2 weeks to spend 6 weeks with us and we have only one spare bedroom. Maybe he will have to share Sean's room for awhile. It's not a done deal yet. But we may have a guest living with us until the end of the school year.

No comments: