Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mercado Buenos Aires


Last Friday, the day after the funeral, we wanted just to get out and do something as a family. We ended up driving up to Van Nuys in the Valley to a place called Mercado Buenos Aires. It's were the Argentines in Los Angeles hang out and eat. It was a lot of fun. We ordered the meat tray, with all types of meats prepared the Argentine way. We had beef, chicken, sausage and even intestines. Yep! Lacey and I ate it. Sean tasted it and spit most of it out and Page wouldn't even try it. It tasted like liver to me. We all got a big chuckle out of the intestines. There was a blood sausage too that nobody tried, but the rest of it was eaten! We also bought some Argentine cookies and Dulce de Leche (carmel) and a couple bottles of Inca Cola.



Sean and Lacey outside Mercado Buenos Aires

4 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Paul and I got a CD not to long ago and all the songs are about Van Nuys or things that happened there...now I totally want to go (i've never been) and so I am totally jealous of you!

when I do finally get out there, I'm pretty sure I'll pass on the blood sausage though.

Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun family day!

Karie said...

Sean told me you grossed everyone out talking about the scab sausage,Yicky!!! I would rather have slippery shrimp!

Lacey Huhnke said...

Oh my GOSH!!!! slippery shrimp is sooooo good...... but those cow intestines were even better... HAH yeah right..they were disgusting! but it was a fun adventure! :)