Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nashville

I went to Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday for a business trip. It went very well until I got to Minneapolis Friday night and found out the flight to Billings was canceled and I had to spend the night in Minnesota. I caught an early plane to Bozeman and had Page pick me up so I could spend Father's Day in Montana withe family. They lost my luggage. They thought it was in New York, but then found out it was in Billings, so I will pick it up on Sunday on my way back to Wyoming. But I only have one pair of underwear and no church shoes. I will be wearing sandals with my suit tomorrow. Should me interesting.

But the real joy of going to Nashville was to hunt down my secret crush, Shania Twain. I looked everywhere and I found her a couple times. I hope she doesn't think I was stalking her.

I ran into Shania at the Wax Museum and she even let me give her a little kiss

Here I spotted Shania at the airport!

I stayed at the Gaylord Opryland. It is right next to the Grand Ole Opry. The first night they had "plant" people playing soft jazzy music. Interesting since this is a country music kinda town. The h otel has gardens, shops, pools, music, and great food. Even the outdoor gardens are under a huge glass roof and everything is kept at 70 degrees even with the hot humid weather outside the "dome".

An interesting "vine lady" was entertaining the crowd

There were waterfalls throughout the resort.

The resort was a garden paradise. Trees and flowers of every kind. I thought these purple orchids looked pretty.


1 comment:

Lacking Productivity said...

Man sometimes airport issues can kill you! Losing luggage, cancelled flight, you got the worst of both worlds poor guy.

I'm glad you got home and I hope you had a great Father's Day.