Friday, February 10, 2006

Leggett Post Office Kudos

I was in Livingston yesterday afternoon and bought my mother a Valentine's Day card. I was heading up Hwy. 59 and saw a post office in Leggett. It's a really small town of about 350 people, but they do have a small P.O.

I hurried and signed the card and addressed the envelope. I walked in about 4:45 and the door was closed to the counter (closes at 4:30). All of a sudden I hear this woman's voice from nowhere say, "I'll take your mail, they are about to pick it up" (I did notice a big USPS truck on the side of the building). I yelled back, "I don't have a stamp yet". She opened a small door in the lobby and said "give me 37 cents and I will put a stamp on it for you". I gave her 50 cents. She then came back with my change and told me she would make sure it gets on the truck. I thanked her and said "the cards for my mom!" She then said- "well we do anything for Mamas!"

I was impressed. Many people think poorly on government services and government workers, but I'm here to tell you that the workers at the Leggett Post Office are willing to go beyond the call of duty to assist their customers and make Mamas happy.

No comments: