Saturday, September 27, 2008

Debate Viewers?

So did you watch the first Presidential Debate last night between Senator McCain and Senator Obama? Initial reports show that it had just an average viewership. Experts are blaming it on the fact it was on a Friday night.
I have to admit, I did not watch the debate and I am a political junkie. I just didn't care to watch it. I am pretty firm in my support of the McCain/Palin ticket. Page and I wanted to go to dinner and get some shopping done, and I figured I could hear a re-cap when I got home. We went toplus Cody for dinner and every restuarant was packed, plus High School Football had people out in Powell and Cody. I thought because of the debate, we would get seated pretty fast. Nope, we had to wait to eat. So many had the same idea as we did.

So when I got home, I turned on the cable news shows and Fox had McCain winning and CNN and MSNBC had Obama. What a surprise. So if you watched the debate, what was your opinion? Who do you think won? Did it make you change your mind if you wer already commited to a candidate, or if you were undecided, did it help you make up your mind?

My mom called later that night and she said she watched the debate. I asked her who she thought won and she couldn't really say, but said she was still supporting McCain.

Aren't Presidential Elections fun? I am sure the VP debate will be better watched since people will want to see how Sarah Palin does against the old vetran, Biden. (Just my prediction).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't watch it either, Mike. First time ever. But I knew McCain would be exhausted from efforts in Washington, D.C. and the left would capitalize on that. I knew Barack would be fresh as a daisy because hard work is clearly something the man has never met. And I knew how that would play out. Ugh. I'm firmly in the McCain/Palin corner too.