Friday, December 21, 2007

Sean finally made it


See that little storm over the Dakotas? Well it was over Utah and Wyoming last night, right when Sean was heading back home from his semester at BYU. He left campus at 6 pm last night to get to the SLC airport before his 9:10 p.m. flight. We thought he had plenty of time. Well the snow slowed down traffice up to SLC and it took him 2 hours. Still enough time.... then flights began to be delayed because of the storm. His 9:10 got bumped to 10:15. He called us that he was boarding. At 11:15 p..m. I head to Cody. Clear skys in Powell.... 20 miles away it's a major snow storm hitting Cody. I slowly work my way to the airport and they tell me the flight just left SLC. It wont be in Cody until 12:30 a.m. this morning. That's if they are allowed to land!. Oh great. So I slowly work my way to WalMart to do some quick shopping along with only three other cars in the WalMart parking lot. I get back to the airport about 12:30 a.m. and the lights are turned on the runway (good sign) and their is a plow on the runway, clearing it. About 10 mintues later the plane lands. Hurray! So Sean made it to Cody two hours late. But he made it!
Page had surgery yesterday too on her hand. They fixed her carpal tunnel and also found a torn ligament in her thumb pad, so they fixed that too. She is going to be miserable for about 2 weeks. We are trying to keep her comfortable and help her out anyway we can.
The move happened last Saturday. We are in the new house. It is great. I have unpacked so many boxes.... Also got the Christmas tree and decorations up. We put the ornaments on the tree tonight.... on Dec. 21st! This is the latest ever for us. Might be making a trip up to Livingston tomorrow too, have to play it by ear, depends on how Page is feeling.

4 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Paul and I were on the freeway at the same time last night. It took me over an hour to get from Orem to American Fork (normally about a 15-20 minute drive) and it took Paul 2hrs to get from West Valley (south SL) to American Fork (usually 40 minutes). It was miserable.

I'm so glad Sean made it home! And gosh, I hope that Page is doing Ok. Hand surgery sounds absolutely horrible! Poor thing. Make her some Christmas treats for me will ya? And those delicious pretzels of hers, make her some of those too.

Jenn said...

Glad Sean made it home ok...and I hope Page makes a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm glad he made it safe and sound. Sounds like it pretty hairy for awhile there.

Hope Paige makes a speedy recovery. Merry Christmas, my friend.

Shellie said...

Crazy storms! Glad everything's ok. Merry Christmas!