1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I love opening up a wrapped gift. I usually stick something in a gift bag though, because it is a lot easier. I can make the tissue stick out of it really fancy. Somebody showed me how to do it.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial! You can put it up early and take it down late and never have to worry about watering it or vacuuming up needles. I also think they look so real now too. Just doesn't have the pine smell- so go buy pinesol and spray it.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Between the Friday after Thanksgiving and the first few days of December. Except for this year because we are moving on the 15th. How fun for us!
4. When do you take the tree down?
When we get around to it. We've had it up until Feb. before, but that was only one time. It'susually down the first week of Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I love it! I am usually the only one to drink it, so I have it all to myself. This year I bought some Cinnamon Eggnog and lacey loves it, so now I have competition over the eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Fishing tackle box full of lures. I knew my Dad picked it out for me, so it really made an impact on me.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, but I want a better one. I do have a nice porcelin Mary and Jospeph with baby Jesus, but it is not a complete nativity. I have also been hunting for year for the three kings riding camels, but haven't seen anything I like. I have become obsessed in finding them.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My boss- usually some type of snack basket.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Lacey- she usually has a long list
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Not really a gift, but worse Christmas was 1984. My sister, Connie, was killed in a car accident a week before Christmas, and it was Page and my first Christmas together and should have been special. The world stopped for us.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! email? are you kidding? We also put together a Christmas poem every year. Still got to do that this year.....
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ?
Day after Thanksgiving, then it trickles during Dec. then full speed Christmas Eve
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, but did recycle Wedding gift way back when. We got like 12 Woks, what were we going to do with all of them?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
All the sweets! Not good for me, but I love it.
16. Clear lights or colored on the trees?
We have clear lights already on the fake tree. But Page loves color too, so we add bunches of colored lights to it.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hand down, it is "The First Noel". I always get teary eyed too when I sing it. The spirit overcomes me with that song for some reason.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home, but I would love to travel to California to see family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. We looked for one for years but never could decide, so no star on tree, but it should have one. We have had this red ribbon bow thingy that Page likes that has been our tree topper, but we really do need a star!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Eve is not Christmas! Page and kids can't get that through their brain. We have let them open PJs the night before.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
It's a pretty amazing time of year. Maybe having to scrape ice off your windshield to get to work.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
Making people happy