Monday, October 16, 2006

Tornado Watch


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Boy have we had a lot of rain today. Our County is under a tornado watch until 7 pm tonight. They have closed the Hwy between us and Houston today due to flooding. My clinic in Livingston is right in the middle of the flooding and some of the workers couldn't get back in to work after picking up their kids after schools closed early. My workers in Jasper are nowhere to be found. They called at 8:30 a.m., afraid of tornados. I've called at 10 am and 2 pm and no answer, so I'm sure they decided to close down and go home. Last year at this time we were dealing with Hurricanes, now we are dealing with Tornados and floods. I'm sure we will have blizzards once I move to Wyoming..... just my luck. But we are all ok. Not too fearful, but things like this put people on edge. It's just a Tornado Watch, meaning conditions are ripe for tornados. If it was a Tornado Warning, that would be more serious, that means funnel clouds have been spoted in the area or tornados have touched down. My clinics are trying to close down early once they see all their patients..... yes, patients are still coming in to the clinics fighting the aweful weather. I'm trying to wrap things up. This is my last week of work. Friday is my last day.

No comments: