Thursday, January 12, 2006

70 at 8pm

Lacey and I went to the church tonight to see the Bishop. When we stepped out of the house it felt so warm. It was 70 degrees! Isn't this supposed to be winter? Texas is under major drought conditions and has experienced a lot of fires in the past month. It is getting really bad. We had a little bit of rain on Tuesday and supposed to get rain tonight. Its all dark and cloudy, but 70 degrees. The 3 Stakes in the area had a special Fast on Sunday for rain. This Sunday is the Longview Stake Conference and Elder Dallin H. Oaks from the Quorum of the Twelve will be presiding. I am really excited. We got a motel room in Longview on Saturday night since it is a 2 hour drive to the Stake Center and it would be hard to go up Saturday night then drive home then get up early on Sunday and drive back. The Bishop suggested all the members do that.

So if you had your way, would you rather live in an area where you had cold and snowy winters or tropical warm ones? I've lived in both and I think I like the tropics. I don't have to shovel snow and hope my car doesn't spin out on the ice or stall.

No comments: