Sunday, October 30, 2005

As the Army of Helaman

Sacrament meetng was packed today. The most I have seen since we lived here. We ran out of sacrament. They must have heard Sean was singing today. The young men, all 5 of them, sang, Bring the World His Truth. They were so good. You could really fill the spirit. Needless to say, a lot of moist eyes in the congregation. Sean had a small solo and did great. He didn't even sound nervous. The young men impressed a lot of people today.

Page got a lot of positive feedback for putting on the Harvest Festival yesterday. It was a lot of fun. All the kids and most of the adults dressed up in costume. We had lots of chili and baked goods. My chili wasn't good at all, so no glory and no win in the cook-off. I made some chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes that didn't win either- they were a Paula Deen recipe. I noticed the judges didn't even try them because after the judging was done my cupcakes were untouched. What's up with that? But it was a successful party.

Page was a hoot in her costume. She wore this funky red PJs with a blond wig full of ringlets, and a large pink feather hat, with pink, diamond studed glasses. Sean wore a lot of "bling", top hat and cane, and I was dracula. I forgot my camera or you would have seen us on the blog. Oh well....

No comments: