Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romney's Next Steps


Mitt suspended his campaign today. He realized he could not win enough delegates and felt for the good of the party and our ability to keep Hillary or Obama out of the White House, we had to stop our fighting and unite. I agree, but I still haven't reconciled my differences with McCain. I want to see him make a move to the right. How do I pull the lever for a man on the wrong side on a lot of important issues? However, the war on terror is so vital for our nation's safety. Can the Democrats deliver on the fight against terrorism? I trust McCain on security issues more than the Democrats...... I wonder if I would feel better if he picked Romney as his VP? Like that is going to happen!

So, do I sit on my hands? Pull an Ann Coulter and vote for a Democrat (thought makes me sick!)? Do I vote for a third party candidate as a protest vote? But aren't all these actions actually a vote for the Democrats which makes me sick? I am very conflicted at the moment and not happy that the country was blind to the brilliance of Mitt Romney.


I agree with this comment that I read on Michelle Malkin's blog tonight:

"Mitt has nothing to be ashamed about. A year ago, he was 3% in the polls. Now, he is the leader of the conservative political class and the overwhelming favorite in 2012. Mitt is now free to keep his name out there anyway he wants. He can go on speaking tours, write books, raise money for candidates and himself, keep his website open for blogging and stuff, and lead a Heritage Foundation type of group. He’s going to have a blast. I can’t wait to find out what he will do as he lays the groundwork for 2012."

GO MITT!

No comments: