Thursday, January 01, 2009

USC and Black-eyed Peas

USC 38 Penn State 24

Rose Bowl Champions: USC TROJANS

Another exciting Rose Bowl game today. The USC Trojans proved they are one of the best teams in the country. First time in history that one team won three consecutive Rose Bowl games. 7th straight BCS bowl game, 7th straight Pac-10 championship. Our QB, Mark Sanchez broke the all time completion record in a Rose Bowl game today. It was a wonderful game

For the 46th consecutive year, I had a bowl of black-eyed peas. Nobody in my family really appreciates this tradition the way I do. Growing up, my family had black-eyed peas every New Years Day since I was a baby. Now that I have my own family, it is basically me cooking black-eyed peas and everyone grumbling, so I doubt this family tradition will go beyond this link of the family tree, but as long as I draw breath, I will have my black-eyed peas on New Years Day for good luck. (My mother also called to make sure I had my black-eyed peas today)

We started out the day at the stroke of midnight with a treat. Powell is celebrating it's 100th birthday in 2009 and they started it off with a huge fireworks show. It lasted 20 minutes and we could see it right from our front window. I thought that was fantastic and it put a smile on my face.


Happy New Year !!!

No comments: