Friday, December 12, 2008

Connie Jean, I miss you

24 years ago today, I lost my dear Sister, Connie. She was driving to Utah from California and was involved in a tragic car accident and she did not survive. She was only 21. Connie is a great sister, and I love her so much. It's been a long time since she has been in my life, but I am comforted in knowing that families are eternal and can be together forever. That brings me much peace.

I am grateful for the great plan of happiness and the knowledge of knowing God is our Eternal Father and that Jesus Christ is my Savior and he lives! It is nice to reflect on the Savior during this Christmas season. We get so busy with all the activities of the holiday, but we all need to take time to think of the great gift we received and why we celebrate Christmas.

May you all have a more peaceful and reflective Christmas this year!