Monday, February 19, 2007

1/2 Hour News Hour


The debut of the "1/2 Hour News Hour" was last night on Fox News. I was driving back to Powell on Sunday evening, but was able to catch the rebroadcast at 11 p.m. I thought the opening skit with Rush Limbaugh as the President in 2009 and his VP, Ann Coulter, was a hoot. I laughed so hard when Coulter threaten to kill world leaders and convert everyone to Christianity. The show was fun to watch. I enjoyed it, but I am a partisian to the "n"th degree and although Stewart and Colbert are funny, I get tired of the left bent of their shows. I don't know if this new show will make it or be on the same level as the Daily Show or the Colbert Report, but I liked it. The ACLU skits were great too, but seems a little outdated since we havent had a lot of ACLU bashing since Bush 39. A lot of liberal critics, today, are attacking the laugh tracks that they placed in the show. "If you have to put in laugh tracks, it's not funny...." blah blah blah. Go back to the Daily Show then. I hope they keep this show going. Should be a lot of material with the upcomming election cycle.....

No comments: