Saturday, January 16, 2010

Centennial Celebration

Today marks the 100th anniversary of the completion of the Buffalo Bill Dam, west of Cody

About an hour after I took this photo, there would be hundreds of people lining up on top of the dam to be photographed for the centennial photos. I would be one of the faces in the crowd


At the time of completion in 1910, this dam was the tallest dam in the United States



This is looking east down stream from the dam as the Shoshone River works its way down into the Big Horn Basin. This dam has provided the Basin with water to sustain life in this part of Wyoming



Former US Senator, Alan Simpson, was the speaker at the event.
I was excited to be here today and to be a part of history. I doubt I will be here for the 200th anniversary....





No comments: